I hereby confirm my reservation to the stallion Silver Twist for the year 2008 if said stallion is alive and fit to breed. I understand and accept the following terms. A veterinary certificate and current uterine culture, taken when the mare is in heat and submitted to a recognized laboratory, showing the mare to be in sound breeding condition and free of infection, is a condition of the service. All fees, charges and deposit due to DreamTime Farm, Inc. must be paid before the delivery of the semen.
I understand that my mare must be examined by a licensed veterinarian between 35 and 45 days after the last day bred and DreamTime Farm notified of her pregnancy status at that time.
It is understood and agreed that this contract guarantees free return privileges for the same mare if the mare is examined by a licensed veterinarian and found to be barren at 55 days from the date of the last service, provided notice of same, signed by a licensed veterinarian, is sent to DreamTime Farm, in the form of the Mare Identification Breeding Passport, signed and returned to DreamTime Farm by certified mail, return receipt requested, within 10 days of such examination. No re-breeding will be considered prior to receipt of this notice by DreamTime Farm. At any time, if the mare does not conceive, or if for any reason the mare is determined by a licensed veterinarian to be unable to conceive, the mare owner may exercise the privilege hereby granted to substitute another mare by promptly notifying DreamTime Farm by certified mail, return receipt requested.
Should the mare not produce a live foal that stands and sucks, the mare owner shall also be entitled to a free return (this free return does not include free shipping fees and deposits) if, and only if, DreamTime Farm is notified by certified mail, return receipt requested, within 48 hours of the foal's death. In addition, such notice must be followed within ten days by a written statement of details by a licensed veterinarian, which statement must be sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, to DreamTime Farm. If such statement of details is not received on a timely basis, the guarantee provided herein becomes null and void. This clause is also binding in case of abortion. In no case shall DreamTime Farm deliver semen under the terms of this contract for a period of more than three years (the Three Year Limitation) commencing on the year of the first breeding under this contract. This Three Year Limitation shall still apply if the breeding right is resold by the undersigned mare owner.
Further Terms and Conditions:
1. The stud fee is $1,000.00 and is due in its entirety before the first breeding and is payable to DreamTime Farm, Inc. A $200.00 non-refundable booking fee is due with the return of this contract and is applicable to the stud fee. A copy of the mare’s registration papers and two photos (one showing the mare from the side, one from the front) must also accompany the booking fee and contract.
2. Semen transportation (shipping), collection and shipping container costs are $100.00 per shipment if shipped via FedEx for an overnight delivery during the week, or $150.00 if shipped via an airline for a same-day delivery or via FedEx for a Saturday delivery.
3. All semen transportation (shipping) and collection costs will be the responsibility of the mare owner and will be billed on a monthly basis. The transportation, collection and container cost of $100.00 for the first shipment of semen is due with the studfee before the first breeding. Subsequent shipments of semen are contingent upon prompt payment of any transportation and collection costs upon billing. The mare owner will be responsible for any balance due at the end of the breeding season.
4. The "Delivery Certificate of Transported Semen" duly signed by a licensed veterinarian must be returned promptly in order for the mare to be included on the stallion service report.
5. DreamTime Farm assumes responsibility only to deliver semen in viable condition at the time of delivery to the mare owner's farm or other designated location. The semen must be administered by a licensed veterinarian within 24 hours of delivery and the delivery certificate duly signed.
6. This contract shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Kentucky and its validity and administration shall be governed by said laws.
7. The parties agree that the terms and conditions stated herein set forth the entire agreement of the parties.
8. I understand that DreamTime Farm reserves the right to refuse any contract for breeding at its own discretion.
9. I understand that the mare owner shall assume all responsibility for the condition of the mare and shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the mare whether by death, disease, injury, infection or otherwise, and by any cause whatsoever, and therefore agrees to hold DreamTime Farm, or any person employed by or associated with DreamTime Farm, harmless for any and all damages associated therewith.
Name of Mare: ___________________________________ Reg. #: ________________________
Breed: ___________________ DoB: ________ Barren/Maiden/Foaling? _____________________
Sire: _________________________________ Dam: ____________________________________
Owner's Name: __________________________________________________________________
Date: _____________________________ Phone: _______________________________________
Owner's Signature: _______________________________________________________________
Accepted by: _________________________________ for DreamTime Farm.
Return with booking fee to:
6325 OLD RICHMOND RD.
LEXINGTON, KY 40515
Tel./Fax (859) 263-3210